Government Does Not Represent Our Views
Elections no longer work. Lobbying no longer works. Email and telephone campaigns no longer work. Symbolic protests no longer work. Americans need to get organized and mobilized to demand what we want.
The occupation begins on October 6, 2011 when thousands of Americans enter Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC and refuse to leave. We are calling the occupation Stop the Machine: Create a New World. ¿Ha votado a favor o en contra Political situation in the US ? The new world we seek is already supported by super-majorities of the American people. A large majority of Americans consistently support the following agenda:
- Tax the rich and corporations
- End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending
- Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all
- End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests
- Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation
- Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages
- Get money out of politics
The government, dominated by elite e. onomic interests, is going in the opposite direction from what the people want. The American people’s agenda is our agenda.
By Kevin Zeese at MichaelMore